Let us share some ideas with your family, friends, company, organization or group about how to prevent one of the most catastrophic events in the life of a senior citizen.
We Will Conduct For Your Group a Free Workshop on Fall Prevention.
Did you know:
- That 70% of Accidental Deaths in people over the age of 75 result from falls?
- That we spend 79 Billion in medical costs each year on accidents attributable to falls?
- That 40% of all nursing home admissions are attributable to repeated falls at home?
Did you know that 1 out of every 3 seniors who lives independently in their homes will seek medical care for a major fall each year? The likelihood of falling if you are over 75 is even much greater.
- That 25% of seniors who suffer hip fractures die within one year?
- That survivors of falls may experience debilitating fractures of the hip, wrists or spine?
- And finally did you know that falling, or the fear of falling, often times leads to loss of confidence, imposed isolation and immobility?
As you can see, the consequences of falling are very serious to seniors and their families.
At Touching Hearts Senior Care, we are very concerned about the effects that falls have on seniors. We routinely speak to groups, both large and small, about how to prevent falls. We have developed a 20 to 60 minute presentation that we would love to share with your group. In this presentation we share such things as:
- The frequency and effects of falls amongst seniors.
- The most common causes for falls.
- Things you can do to reduce the risk of falling.
- What to do when someone falls.
- How to tell if you or someone you love is at risk for a fall.
Brochures, videos and other materials are available for each person at the presentation. In addition, each senior will have the opportunity to participate in a free risk assessment.
To have a Touching Hearts Senior Care representative present this valuable program at your next meeting, simply fill out the website contact form and click the button to submit the request. A representative will contact you with in the next 72 hours to make the arrangements.
Help us to reduce the impact that falling has on such a valuable part of our population. Help us to keep our senior citizens safe and sound.
Contact Us for more information or call us at (251) 445-4204.